Rimmel London 'Apocalips' - Review + Swatches

Hey readers


Rimmel London have released a brand-new collection called Apocalips Lip Lacquers. These are an intense pure lip colour with high staying power and pigmentation. When I saw this collection I was incredibly excited to try them out and see how they went. As I expected, I ended up falling in love with them.


The earth-shattering new lip lacquer from RIMMEL LONDON

Combining the intense colour of lipstick with a lacquer like shine, Apocalips lip lacquer is the explosive new make-up phenomenon that represents the end of colour as you know it. Packed with pure colour pigments, its lusciously creamy, conditioning formula promises a never-before combination of colour, shine and comfort that lasts and lasts. Available in 8 shades, from subtly sexy to spectacular. 
Gathered from Rimmel London press release


Rimmel Apocalips are said to be a hybrid of regular lipsticks and lip glosses. This means that they have the pigmentation and lasting power of a lipstick whilst having a sheen of a lip gloss - except no sticky residue!




Neutrals

#701 - Stargazer
#600 - Nude Eclipse
#100 - Phenomenon
#101 - Celestial
 


Brights

#102 - Nova
#201 - Solstice
#303 - Apocaliptic
#501 - Stellar




First of all, I love the packaging of this product. Sleek and stylish are the first describing words that come to mind. The best thing that I like about the Apocalips lip lacquers is how the base is clear. This makes it extremely easy to differentiate each shade. Without looking at the name of each product.

As for the applicator, it's a doe-foot with a difference. It has an inbuilt "micro-reservoir" (hole) and is quite flexible. Which makes it a lot easier to be ultra precise upon application. Particularly along the cupids bow.

Depending on how thickly you apply each shade, you can get anything from the look of a colour stain to a full gloss. It all depends what you prefer, and how much you slather on. The texture is unlike anything I’ve tried before, thin, but long lasting and not watery. Not sticky like a lip gloss, nor thick and creamy like a lipstick. It seems to be quite long lasting too, and very comfortable to wear on the lips.
 

Pros:

  • High pigmentation
  • Long Lasting
  • None sticky like gloss
  • Price is affordable
  • Wonderful range of colours
  • Easy to get your hand on them
  • Great applicator (Doe foot)

 

Cons:

  • With darker colours it can be quite hard to remove.


My favourite shades would have to be Celestial, Solstice and Apocaliptic. I'm a huge fan of the pinks and the 'my lips but better' shades. I definitely recommend this product and I'm so happy I had the opportunity to try them out. It is such a reliable product that I can reach for everyday and achieve beautiful lips in a few seconds.
Overall I'm very impressed with the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers. I encourage you to give them a try if you haven't already. They are probably one of my favourite lip products I've tried in a long time. 

Available from Priceline, Target, Big W, Coles supermarkets and selected pharmacies nationally for $15.95 AUD.


What are your thoughts on the Apocalips Lip Lacquers?

 

Stay pretty xx

Follow me on Twitter @ Shopaholics Anonymous
Like me on Facebook @ Shopaholics Anonymous
Follow me on Instagram @ Shopaholics Anonymous
Like what you're reading? Follow Me 



*This post is  sponsored. Though all of my opinions are my own and 100% honest.
**Camera used: Nikon Coolpix S9400
***Photo editing software/website: iPiccy 

  

1 comment:

  1. Great review hun! I love the same shades as you however I always reach for Nova at the moment :)


    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete